CQUniversity offers great benefits and working conditions to its staff and committed to providing a work environment that promotes, recognises and rewards performance excellence.
Eligible staff enjoy generous entitlements, including:
- Six weeks annual leave
- Five days carer’s leave (annually)
- 26 weeks paid parental leave
- Cultural and religious leave
- Engaged Service leave (up to 7.25 hours per calendar year)
- Flexible work arrangements.
Staff also enjoy a range of exclusive lifestyle benefits, including access to:
- CQUniversity Community Sports Centre Rockhampton
- Mackay Regional Sports Precinct
- BUPA Corporate Health Plan
- Westfund Health Insurance
- Travel Crew
CQUniversity staff can access the Employee Assistance Program (EAP) that provides confidential and voluntary counselling and assistance service from qualified, experienced professional counsellors who offer a range of counselling services for employees and their immediate families in need of assistance to resolve work or personal issues.
Additionally, being a CQUniversity staff member enables you to join UniSuper, the only fund dedicated to people working in the higher education and research sector. UniSuper is one of Australia’s most award-winning super funds and achieved Super Fund of the Year in 2015 and 2016. Learn more about UniSuper at their website.
To view our Enterprise Agreement or Awards, please click on the relevant link below:
We reward performance excellence through our staff awards program including;
- CQUniversity Opal Awards – Excellence in Engagement
- Excellence in Research Higher Degrees Supervision
- Vice-Chancellor’s Awards for Excellence to Professional Staff (EXCEL) Awards
- Vice Chancellor’s Awards for Good Practice in Learning and Teaching (Tier 1)
- Vice Chancellor’s Awards for Outstanding Contributions to Learning and Teaching (Tier 2)
- Vice-Chancellor’s Awards for Outstanding Researchers