The Vice-Chancellor & President leads CQUniversity's strategic planning on behalf of Council. CQUniversity has an obligation to all its stakeholders to govern and manage strategically, effectively, efficiently, transparently and in an accountable manner. In order to achieve this CQUniversity implements an integrated planning framework based on the following principles:
- Clear communication of processes and outcomes throughout the organisation;
- Alignment of all organisational units towards the same strategic goals through the planning framework;
- Accountable monitoring and annual reporting on plan outcomes using key performance indicators;
- Devolution of responsibility within the framework of approved plans;
- Compliance with legal, social and fiscal responsibilities;
- Consideration of risk management and risk mitigation;
- Incorporation of quality management principles and the plan-do-check-act cycle; and
- Coupling of resource allocation and planning into the planning framework.
The components of the planning framework are:
- Strategic Plan
- Annual Corporate Plan
- Annual Operational Budget
- Organisational Unit Plans
- Individual staff plans and objectives
The Strategic Plan is operationalised through a set of supporting plans and documents both across the University and within organisational units. These are:
- Strategic Plan 2012-2022
- Corporate Plan 2013
- Asbestos Management Procedures
- Crisis Management & Recovery Policy: Critical Incidents Affecting Students, Critical Incident Management Plan
- Privacy Plan
- Internal Audit Charter Policy and Principles
The Corporate Strategy and Planning Directorate is responsible for supporting the University strategic planning, implementation, strategic performance management and risk management processes.
Further details are provided in the Planning and Reporting Policy.
CQUniversity's IMPortal is the central repository for policy and all key university documents.