CQUniversity is committed to complying with all relevant legislation and obligations. To facilitate this, CQUniversity has established a compliance program in conformance with Australian Standard AS 3806 - 1998 Compliance Programs.
An effective Compliance Program is considered an important element of the corporate governance and due diligence of an organisation. It should prevent, and where necessary, identify and respond to, non-compliance with laws, regulations, codes or the standards of the organisation itself. This is best achieved by promoting a culture of valuing compliance obligations within the organisation, and can only be made effective through the actions of all staff and officers of the organisation. The implementation of a compliance program should, in turn, assist in the recognition of the organisation as a good corporate citizen.
The Compliance Program incorporates the following components:
- The Compliance Policy and Compliance Management Procedures.
- Risk-based compliance management standards and procedures.
- Education and training as part of the implementation of a compliance program, detailing individual responsibilities, reporting and communication methods.
- Integration of statutory obligations through processes and procedures to into the day-to-day operation of the University.
- Regular reviews of the Compliance Program by in addition to internal audits.
- A process of continuous improvement with reporting of non-compliance matters, and recognition for high compliance standards.
- A confidential arena for the reporting of non-compliance matter, in alignment with Public Interest Disclosure.