CQUniversity is governed by its Council, which is established by the Central Queensland University Act 1998.
The Council's principal responsibilities under the Act are:
- To appoint the University's staff; in particular the Vice-Chancellor and President as the chief executive officer of the University and to monitor his or her performance;
- To manage and control the university's affairs and property; principally by approving the strategic direction of the University; and
- To manage and control the university's finances, by approving the Annual Budget and Operational plans.
Members' Duties and Meeting Procedures
Council Standing Committees
- Academic Board
- Audit, Risk and Finance Committee
- Ceremonial and Honorary Awards Committee
- Chancellor's Committee
- Strategic Planning and Projects Committee