CQUniversity is governed by its Council, which is established by the Central Queensland University Act 1998 (Qld).
The Council's principal responsibilities under the Act are:
- to appoint the University's staff; in particular the Vice-Chancellor and President as the chief executive officer of the University and to monitor their performance
- to manage and control the University's affairs and property, principally by approving the strategic direction of the University, and
- to manage and control the University's finances, by approving the annual budget and operational plans.
Members' Duties and Meeting Procedures
The Council Charter (available from our Policy Site) sets out the responsibilities and duties of Council members and the meeting procedures for Council meetings.
Council is supported by the following committees. Terms of Reference for these committees are available from our Policy Site.
- Academic Board
- Audit, Risk and Finance Committee
- Ceremonial and Honorary Awards Committee
- Chancellor's Committee
- Strategic Planning and Projects Committee