Professor Nick Klomp is the Vice-Chancellor and President of CQUniversity. The Vice-Chancellor and President is the University's Chief Executive Officer, who works in close collaboration with the University Council, of which he is a member, and also with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders to provide overall leadership and directions for the University.
The Vice-Chancellor and President is appointed by the University Council and is responsible to the Council, through the Chancellor, for the leadership and management of the University.
The Vice-Chancellor and President is supported by an Executive, comprising the following senior members of staff:
- Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Engagement, Campuses and Mackay-Whitsunday Region)
- Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Finance & Planning)
- Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research)
- Deputy Vice-Chancellor Strategic Development
- Deputy Vice-Chancellor Student Experience and Governance
- Senior Deputy Vice-Chancellor (International & Services)