Advice is the function that enables CQU to control costs, drive service
excellence and mitigate risks; to achieve increased value from the budgets
through the partnership with stakeholders and consistent clear protocols.
objective is to move the buying process from an isolated and transitory
transaction to a sustainable and participative planned process.
- decentralise procurement
- establish solid relationship with the stakeholders
- implement clear protocols
- consistently share decisions and responsibilities
- ensure quality and financial/legal safety
- promote lasting relationships for all involved with the process.
objectives are achieved through a competent and consistent application of
efficient techniques and best practices.
Advice Team (PAT) supports CQUniversity and the community by providing
professional advice and services in relation to all Procurement matters.
PAT is responsible
for ensuring that policies and procedures are current, available and compliant
with governance frameworks and regulations.
include, but are not restricted to:
- endorse procurement transactions from the commercial and strategic perspectives, ensuring compliance to University legislation, regulations, policies, procedures, strategic and operational goals, with clear management, monitoring and reporting requirements
- formulate and assist in executing the procurement processes; as well establishing criteria, key success, key performance indicators and reporting activities
- elaborate Procurement Policies and Procedures and provide advice and assistance in relation to best practices
- assist and provide advice in the preparation of various Procurement Plans and Strategies (Corporate and Significant)
- assist in elaborating and compiling procurement related documents and provide advice regarding appropriate procurement methodology, process and documentation
- define the contract framework, contracts templates and procurement artifacts
- support Faculties/Divisions on contract negotiations or disputes
- ensure that University staff have proper access to procurement training and development activities
- impart a commitment to continuous improvement, as demonstrated for example by innovative practices and the regular measurement and review of procurement
- review the effectiveness of decisions and performance and encourage continuous improvement of procurement processes
- implement and manage a central contract depository and artifacts generated by the procurement activities
- support on the enforcement of policies and procedures.
To contact us for a procurement inquiry please contact
Our services also
include the Publishing Unit which provides
corporate stationery requirements and printing services for all CQUniversity
locations. CQUniversity employees seeking publishing services,
should visit the Publishing Portal page