Corporate Travel Cards

The Commonwealth Bank MasterCard is the nominated Corporate Travel Card for CQUniversity. The Travel Card should be used for payment of all University-related travel expenses and approved entertainment. The Corporate Travel Card must not be used for travel or purchases of a personal nature, at any time.

The Travel Card may be issued to staff travelling on University business, or a Faculty/Division/Campus representative to pay conference fees, book accommodation, etc. on behalf of staff.

The Travel Card must be used in accordance with the CQUniversity Travel Policy and other applicable policies, procedures and guidelines. In the instance of inappropriate or fraudulent use of a Corporate Travel Card, CQUniversity reserves the right to cancel the Card, in accordance with the Corporate Card Escalation Processes, and take other measures, as appropriate.

Corporate Cards are administered by the Accounts Payable & Supply Department within Financial Services Division. Some Faculties/Divisions/Campuses have nominated staff to assist with Corporate Card related matters for their areas of responsibility.

If you require assistance with a Corporate Card related issue, please contact:

  1. If your Faculty/Division/Campus has nominated staff to assist with Corporate Card related matters, please contact that person, in the first instance.
  2. The relevant Finance Officer team for your Faculty/Division/Campus.
  3. FSD Corporate Card Administrators

Listed below are some common questions and answers regarding the Corporate Travel Card. This information is provided for convenience only and must be read and interpreted in the context of applicable University policies.

Employees of CQUniversity who are required to travel in order to undertake their employment duties should apply to their supervisor for a Corporate Travel Card. It will be necessary to complete the following forms in the staff portal:

Travel Card Application
Travel Card Declaration and Acknowledgement

All Corporate Card related forms can be found in the staff portal.

Once the abovementioned Forms have been completed, verification of identification will be required. This can be done in three ways:

1.  Provide 100 points of acceptable Identification (refer List of Acceptable Documents and Identification Points ) verified by a JP or Commissioner of Declarations. All documentation must be attached to your application.

2. Take your Drivers Licence to a CQUniversity Verifying Officer for verification. Click here for a current list of CQUniversity Verifying Officers. The Verifying Officer will take a copy of your licence and this will be held on file.

3. If you are an existing CBA account holder, or a Purchasing Cardholder, account details or a copy of your Purchasing Card will be sufficient. All details/documentation must be attached to your application.

The completed Travel Card Application Form, Acknowledgement and Declaration and appropriate Identification must then be forwarded to FSD Accounts Payable & Supply Department, Building 65, Level 2, Rockhampton Campus. The Director FSD will approve the application, as a signatory to the University bank account and then the application will be posted to the Commonwealth Bank for processing. The Travel Card usually takes approximately 3 weeks to be delivered and once it arrives you will be contacted to arrange collection of your Card. If you are located at a campus other than Rockhampton, the Card will be forwarded to you by Registered Post. Once you have received your Card, you must activate it and ensure that you sign the back of the Card. The Corporate Travel Card provider (CBA) will enclose information including Conditions of Use, which cardholders must comply with.

When activating your card, you MUST speak to an operator at the Commonwealth Bank. CBA Phone Number - 13 15 76

In the event that a Cardholder believes a transaction against their Card is not valid/correct, in the first instance contact the Merchant, if possible. The Cardholder must then contact the Corporate Travel Card provider (CBA) on 131576 for advice. A ;CBA Disputed MasterCard Transaction Form must be completed and forwarded by fax to the number indicated on the form, then attach a copy of the Form to your Card statement.

If you have a disputed transaction on your Corporate Travel Card, do not delay the acquittal of your statement. Acquit the statement as usual and ensure that the reversal/credit (if applicable) for the transaction is received on a later statement.

If a Corporate Purchasing Card is lost or stolen, the Cardholder must immediately contact the Corporate Travel Card provider (CBA) on 131576. Notification must also be forwarded via e-mail to the FSD Corporate Card Administrators ( immediately. Neither the cardholder nor the University will have any liability for any charges incurred on the Card once the loss has been reported to the Corporate Travel Card provider (CBA).

Your Card will be cancelled and a new one issued. Remember to destroy the old Card if it is found.

Travel Card acquittals must be received by the FSD Corporate Card Administrators by the 25th of each month e.g. October Statements are due by 25th November. Failure to acquit Travel Card statements by the due date will result in actions being taken in accordance with the Corporate Card Escalation Processes.

The Corporate Card Escalation Processes are in place to ensure that Corporate Cards are acquitted in a timely manner. It is the responsibility of the Cardholder to ensure that their Corporate Card statements are acquitted and received by the FSD Corporate Card Administrators by the designated date. Reminders and notices will be sent by the FSD Corporate Card Administrators, in accordance with the Escalation Processes.

Whether you are changing positions within your existing or to a new Faculty/Division/Campus, you must ensure that that Supervisor you will be reporting to approves for you to retain your existing Corporate Travel Card and, if yes, ensure that the costing for the Card is correct.

To change/transfer the costing of your Corporate Travel Card, you must complete theCosting Transfer Form - Purchasing & Travel Cards and forward it to FSD Corporate Card Administrators, Building 65, Level 2, Rockhampton Campus.

When staff or other Cardholders no longer work for CQUniversity, the Corporate Travel Card must be returned and acquittals completed in accordance with the CQUniversity Employee Departure Checklist. FSD Corporate Card Administrators will arrange cancellation of the card.