Research Efforts and Activities
CQUniversity's research efforts and activities align with the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG's) and through international collaboration and research, we review comparative approaches and develop international best practice on tackling the SDG’s
Our academics are not only editors on academic journals but also leaders of discipline-specific associations. These roles expose them to international developments and the ability to have dialogue around developments in their discipline field.
INVOLVEMENT WITH ACADEMIC JOURNALS AND ASSOCIATIONS ALIGNED WITH SDG'S IN 2019
View the sample below of some of the research activities and efforts undertaken by CQUniversity academics in 2019.
- the Editor of the Journal of Agricultural Science , and
- an invited reviewer of the Journal of Agricultural Water Management, Irrigation Science.
Professor Anthony Schneiders is the:
- President of the International Federation of Sports Physical Therapy,
- Senior Associate Editor of the British Journal of Sports Medicine, and
- International Associate Editor of the International Journal of Sports Physical Therapy.
Professor Sarah Blunden is a:
- Member of the Editorial Board of the Open Sleep Journal, and
- Member of the Editorial Board of the Journal of Sleep Disorders Treatment and Care.
Vice-President, (Research), Professor Grant Stanley is the Associate Editor of the Biotechnology for Biofuels.
Professor Brijesh Verma is the:
- Associate Editor of The Neural Networks and Learning Systems, and
- Editor in Chief of the International Journal of Computational Intelligence and Applications.
Professor Matthew Browne is a:
- Member of the Editorial Board of The Journal of Robotics and Artificial Intelligence, and
- Member of the International Editorial Review Board of Artificial Intelligence Research.
Dr Bill Zhao is the Editorial Board Member of the:
- Global Journal of Engineering Research,
- Journal of Civil Engineering,
- Journal of Business and Management, and
- International Journal of Project Organisation and Management.
Our applied research focus is oriented towards real-world outcomes, with the purpose of providing solutions to challenges and identifying new opportunities for advancement in our regions and beyond.
In 2018, this research focus saw CQUniversity achieve Excellence in Research Australia (ERA) results of ‘at’, ‘above’ or ‘well above’ world standard in 22 categories of research including Mathematics, Psychology, Nursing, Agriculture & VET Science, Horticultural Production, Environmental Science, Biological Science, Zoology, Engineering, Medical & Health Science, Human Movement and Sports Science, Information and Computing Sciences, Artificial Intelligence, Public Health & Health Services and Specialist Studies in Education.
FIND OUT MORE
With a focus on research CQUni achieved Excellence in Research Australia results of 'above' or 'well above' world standard.
Find out more about the impact research at CQUniversity has and read through a selection of our success stories.
CQUniversity's research strengths includes being highly focused on the relevance to the Central Queensland region.