Breadcrumb Links:

How to Apply

There are two ways you can apply to CQUniversity as a Study Abroad student.

  • Partner Institutions & Agents. If you are applying through one of CQUniversity's partner institutions or agents, please forward your application and supporting documentation via their office.

Successful applicants will receive an offer pack which includes all the information you will require to proceed with entry into CQUniversity. Follow the steps outlined on how to accept your offer and return this paperwork and tuition fees to the campus. If you have any questions or require any assistance, please email, phone or fax us using the contact details we provide you.

An electronic confirmation of enrolment (COE) will then be issued to you. You will require this COE to obtain a student visa from the Australian Embassy or Consulate in your home country.

Once you have been granted a student visa, start to prepare your travel and accommodation arrangements. If you require assistance in these areas, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Make an enquiry

Study Abroad Fees

Study Abroad fee for undergraduate and postgraduate is AUD 7 360 for a standard full time term (a maximum of four courses) at all participating Study Abroad campuses.

Please see the 2015 fees guide for a full list of tuition fees.

If you are a student of a current exchange partner university of CQUniversity, a fee waiver or different fee structure may apply. Please enquire to find out more.

Financial Assistance & Government Loans

GlobaLinks Scholarship Program

This scholarship is offered through GlobaLinks for students who have proven financial need, personal motivation and academic achievement. A committee of U.S. University advisers assess the applications based on the following set of criteria.


  • Must be enrolled at a U.S. college or university
  • Must be accepted into an AustraLearn semester or year abroad program
  • Must have completed the scholarship materials including:
    • Scholarship Application form
    • Financial Need Declaration/Statement
    • Statement of Extracurricular Activities, Vocational Plans
    • Essay describing selection of overseas university and how the study abroad experience will make an impact
    • Minimum GPA of a 2.5 out of a 4.0 scale

Students interested in this scholarship should contact:

Study in Australia, New Zealand and the South Pacific
12050 N. Pecos Street, Suite 320
Westminster, CO 80234
Tel: 1 800 980 0033
Fax: 303 446 2214

Government Loans

CQUniversity welcomes students using government loans to finance their education. CQUniversity is an approved foreign school for US students and they are able to take their study at any CQUniversity campus. Students should quote the following reference number in their loan application documents - OPE identification number 03097500. Please enquire at the international office at your home university for more information.

Student Visas

It is very important that students apply for a student visa before arriving in Australia. The Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) is responsible for providing advice and issuing visas on entry to Australia.

You may also contact your nearest Australian Embassy, Consulate or High Commission to apply. For further information visit the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT). 

Overseas Student Health Cover

Student visa holders are required by DIBP to have Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for the duration of their studies. Payment of OSHC must be made when you pay your tuition fee, prior to coming to Australia.

Allianz is CQUniversity's preferred provider of OSHC. You can receive a quick quote for your OSHC on the Allianz website or download the 2014 price list.