LTERC Seminar Series
With the LTERC focus on identifying the underpinning research required to drive the teaching and learning at CQUniversity, a series of seminars are held which concentrates on educational research. All staff are welcome to attend.
Seminars are presented by CQUniversity staff and distinguished visitors/scholars from national and international forums who are involved in teaching and educational research. If you are interested in presenting a seminar, please contact LTERC.
Our aim is to:
- Offer a dynamic, interactive seminar series to stimulate an exchange of knowledge and ideas among colleagues, researchers and students around the diverselearning and teaching framework.
- Enhance the exchange of knowledge and act as a venue for greater networking with the academic and research community, and create and promote greater visibility for LTERC
- Enable researchers and visiting scholarsat the forefront of their study areas to present fact-driven, research-based findings on relevant and active issues and ideas.
- Provide a forum for colleagues and students to get exposed to and learn more about current research activities in their respective fields.
- Engage in active discussion about currentcircumstances of and what the future holds for dynamic and important learning and teaching issues, and help identify new directions for potential research agendas pertinent to LTERC.
Where possible, presentations have been recorded and are made available to view as media-streams.
Sort by: Date, Theme, Presenter
- HeartStart to Heart Healthy: pedagogical perspectives - Dr Wendy Madsen (CQUniversity) (29 11 10)
- Academic Analytics: Indicators of Engagement - The Indicators Project: Mr Colin Beer & Mr Ken Clark (CQUniversity) (17 11 10)
- Benchmarking in Assessment of Final Year Engineering Projects: Guidelines for Students and Supervisors - Mr Fons Nouwens and Dr Mohammad Rasul (CQUniversity) (15 11 10)
- The role of HEIs in society's transformation to sustainability - the case for embedding sustainability concepts in business programs - Liz Sidiropoulos (CQUniversity) (21 10 10)
- MASK ED: Masking the educator and masking the education process; (knowledgeable, realistic and spontaneous simulation) - A/Prof Kerry Reid-Searl (CQUniversity) (18 10 10)
- Values, interests and transformative learning: Paths to thinking otherwise - Dr Geoffrey Danaher (CQUniversity) (04 10 10)
- The Question of Transformation: Reflections from Enabling Educators - Dr Wendy Davis, Dr Jenny McDougall (CQUniversity) (12 07 2010)
- International Student Security- the Implications for Good Practice - Dr Erlenawati Sawir (CQUniversity) (21 06 2010)
- Individual learning in engineering team-based pedagogies: building an assessment strategy that supports collaboration - Dr Matt Eliot (CQUniversity) (17 05 2010)
- Distance Education DEHub COALAR Visitors Presentation - Professor Fredric Litto - President of the Brazilian Association for Distance Education, Executive Committee IDCE and Formerly University of São Paulo, Brazil); Dr Stavros P. Xanthopoylos - Executive Director of the Online and Distance Education Centre at Fundação Getúlio Vargas, Brazil; Marta Mena - ICDE Latin America Network and University of Morón, Argentina; and Associate Professor Sara Perez - National University of Quilmes, Argentina. (07 05 2010)
- Designs for learning - individual and institutional formations of meaning' - Professor Staffan Selander (Stockholm University) (21 04 2010)
- Chemistry Texts as tools for scientific learning: a comparative study of teaching practices in Swedish and Finland-Swedish classrooms - Dr Kristina Danielsson (Stockholm University) (21 04 2010)
- Open and Distance Learning for Development - Professor Asha Singh Kanwar (Commonwealth of Learning) (02 03 2010)
- DE Hub: An Australian Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations Project - A Community for Learning and Teaching, Reserach and 'Innovation in Distance Education' - Professor Belinda Tynan and Dr Nathan Wise (University of New England) (02 03 2010)