Research Higher Degree Scholarship Information
CQUniversity Postgraduate Research Awards (UPRA) -
- Australian citizens and permanent residents, International students.
- Be eligible to be enrolled as a full-time Research Higher Degree candidate at CQUniversity.
- Not previously have held a commonwealth-funded postgraduate research scholarship unless it was terminated within six months of commencement of benefits.
- Do not currently hold another postgraduate research stipend scholarship.
- $25,392 per year (2014 rate -indexed to APA rate).
- Recipients may be eligible to receive a relocation allowance.
- Thesis Allowance.
- Up to three years (Periods of study already taken towards the degree will be deducted from the period of tenure).
- Australian citizens and permanent residents will be allocated a Research Training Scheme (RTS) place.
- International candidates will be liable for tuition fees. (Please click here for a link to the International Office for further information about tuition fees).
Applications are now OPEN. Applications will close 31 March 2014
Your completed Scholarship Application should be sent to:
Office of Research Services, Bldg 32
North Rockhampton QLD 4701
Elite Editing Thesis Write-up Scholarships
The Elite Editing Thesis Write-up Scholarship provides financial assistance for one postgraduate student per year for a period of 12 weeks to free them from other forms of employment and allow them to concentrate solely on the task of writing their thesis.
For students who do not hold another scholarship, it pays a stipend of $1,000 per fortnight for six fortnights ($6,000 in total), tax free. For students who do hold another scholarship, it pays a stipend of $600 per fortnight for six fortnights ($3,600 in total), tax free.
Students must be enrolled full-time in a research degree (Masters of PhD) at an Australian university. Part-time students are eligible to apply for the scholarship only in circumstances where the applicant is able to demonstrate heavy carer commitments or a medical condition that precludes them from studying full-time. Students may be either internal or external students. Both international and domestic students are eligible to apply.
Applications will open on 1 January and close on 30 June each year. The scholarship will be awarded prior to 31 July each year. The successful applicant can specify a start date for the scholarship that is any time within the following 12 months.
For more information on the scholarship, please visit http://www.eliteediting.com.au/scholarship.aspx. The application form must be completed online: http://www.eliteediting.com.au/scholarship-application-form.aspx. (Applications will not be accepted by email or post.)
Here is a selection of postgraduate research scholarship funding opportunities. JASON, an Australia-wide scholarships database is another source of information about available scholarships.
- Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand (AFAANZ) PhD Scholarships Link
- Alzheimer's Australia Research Postgraduate Scholarship in Dementia Link
- Australian-American Fulbright Commission Link
- Australian Development Scholarships (only open to International Students) Link
- Australian Institute of Nuclear Science and Engineering (AINSE) Inc Postgraduate Research Awards Link
- Cotton Research and Development Corporation (CRDC) Scholarships Link
- CSIRO Flagship Postgraduate Scholarships Link
- Endeavour Postgraduate Awards Link
- Forest & Wood Products Australia Postgraduate Scholarships Link
- Heart Foundation Postgraduate Scholarships Link
- Menzies Foundation Scholarship in Allied Health Sciences Link
- National Health & Medical Research Council (NHMRC) Postgraduate Scholarships Link
- Philosophy Society of Australasia (PESA) Doctoral Scholarships Link
- Rural Industries Research and Development Corporation (RIRDC) Scholarships Link
- Sugar Research and Development Corporation (SRDC) Scholarships Link