'CQUniversity will be an interactive and collaborative partner in the well-being of our communities. Our engagement work is an integral part of our teaching, learning and research activities. We value and are proud of our graduates, and foster their continued involvement in the University.'
CQUniversity Strategic Plan 2010 - 2013
The Community and Engagement Hub is helping CQUniversity to achieve this vision by building and strengthening our relationships and actively contributing to the growth of our communities.
We achieve this through:
- Engaging communities as part of local, national and international research;
- Drawing on community expertise and knowledge;
- Encouraging active participation of community members;
- Acknowledging community contributions;
- Identifying and responding to the specific teaching, learning and research needs of each of our multi-city operations.
- Providing academic offerings that respond to the needs of industries, professions and communities and produce graduates who are employment-ready and lifelong learners.
- Providing professionally oriented programs, applied research and continuing professional development relevant to regional industries, professions and businesses.
- Engaging industry and business to provide undergraduate students with relevant work experience and work integrated learning at all levels within programs.
- Undertaking collaborative research with industries through the development of partnerships, joint research programs and joint publications.
- Promoting and developing interaction between local and international students in academic, support and University activities.
- Increasing the social, environmental and economic value of research to the University's communities.