Inclusion and Accessibility
CQUniversity aims to minimise barriers and encourage participation by all students. In order to achieve this, reasonable adjustments can be made to assist students with a disability, illness, injury or health condition which is permanent or temporary. Please see the Disability Policy for further details.
How the CQUniversity Inclusion and Accessibility Service can assist you
Below is a list of some of the possible adjustments and support services which may be recommended to students who register with the Inclusion and Accessibility Service - depending on the condition and requirements:
- Consultation with Faculty regarding coursework (if required)
- Participation Assistant (eg. scribe, notetaking, assistance with organisation and planning)
- Counselling (includes strategies to plan and manage course workload)
Technology & EquipmentNote: some equipment and resources may not be available on all campuses. For more information, please contact the Inclusion and Accessibility Officer.
Hardware & Equipment
- USB Voice Recorder
- Lumbar Support Chairs
- Adjustable desks
- Hearing Loops
- Tilt board
- Motorised scooter
- Foot rests
- Desktop copy holder
Irlen colour overlays
Financial Assistance for Students with a Disability
Please visit our scholarships website for further information.
- Building access (eg. Amenities and parking)
- Parking - CQUniversity campuses have designated parking spaces for students who hold Disability Parking Permits. These permits are only available through the Department of Transport and Main Roads.
- Transport - most of the regional campuses are part of the local bus service route and have accessible options for students who require wheelchair access. Please contact your local bus provider for details of routes and pricing (Note: this is not a University operated service. Independently operated).