Skip links menu. Some links may not be available on all pages, for example section navigation may not be available on the home or landing pages.
Higher Education Division
The Higher Education Division (HED) is responsible for oversight of the six Academic Schools of the University (see listing below), which are the fundamental operational unit for higher education delivery in the University.
The Division is managed and guided in its operations by the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic and Research), Professor Hilary Winchester with assistance from a number of key academic staff responsible for:
Learning and Teaching, specifically:
- The strategic direction of learning and teaching
- Corporate contribution (including representative duties on Academic Board and other University Committees)
- Academic leadership and management
- Staff management and development
- Reporting and evaluation
Research and Innovation, specifically:
- Research excellence
- Quality of research and innovation and research training activities
- Strategic Development of Research and Innovation for the Division
- Championing the University’s research capabilities with business, industry, government and the community
- Corporate contribution (including representative duties on Research Committee of Academic Board and working with the School of Graduate Research)
- Recruitment of Research Higher Degree and Masters by Research students
Professor Winchester is also assisted by a team of administrative professionals who are responsible for key functions such as budgeting and forecasting, management accounting, planning and infrastructure and project management.