Skip links menu. Some links may not be available on all pages, for example section navigation may not be available on the home or landing pages.
The town of Emerald is a rural community on the Capricorn Highway 275km west of Rockhampton with a population of about 14,000 people. Major industry includes coal-mining, beef cattle, cotton growing and tourism.
Most students choosing Emerald will require private transportation. The city has a daily air service from Brisbane and is along the passenger rail line from Rockhampton to Longreach.
For information on accommodation and schooling options in this region please see the local links provided right under the useful information.
- Photocopying, & binding facilities available through Student Association Office
- Campus library equipped with student computers, online resources and a small collection of books
- On campus accommodation available through the Australian Agricultural College
- Drinks, Chocolates & Chips available through a vending machine
- Student common room equipped with free tea & coffee facilities
- After hours computer lab - coded access for after hours use